Saturday, July 2, 2016

My "dead" Kindle Voyage

One fine day after a long period of not using my Kindle Voyage 3G, I decided to pick up my Voyage and thought of making some reading. Battery was totally flat.


Put it to charge over night as have not been doing any good readings for months. Next morning, I tried to power up the Voyage and it just stay on the Main Page. I was SHOCK......

I tried many times restarting, charge it for 2 days, pressed hold 20s to "reboot" the Voyage and seems helpless.

One night, I make a online chat with Amazon Helpdesk about my case. Well the lady was very helpful to give me tips on what to try out to see if workable. But all the stuff she mentioned, I tried but no help. In the end, as my 1 year warranty was just 2 months over, she mentioned as warranty period is over, they cannot make a FOC replacement. However, she can help to request a USD20 discount on the model if I make a repeat request since just over the warranty period. Very kind of her but I felt the USD20 was just too low as I need to spend another couple of hundreds......

I decided not to buy.

After months of not making any serious readings, late night movies. I tried charging my Voyage to give it a last try, it didn't work as hope. I proclaimed my Voyage "DEAD".

Rest in Peace.....

No comments: